AFS Student Exchange Program
Through student Exchange programs, the school encourages students to discover new curriculum and way of learning, the ability to adapt and be part of a whole new world and experience, expose them to various cultural contexts and provide opportunities for social service. SGS provides beyond the school learning opportunities to students to facilitate them to accept and understand the world that is a cauldron of composite cultures and community perspectives.
It is through the AFS Exchange Programs that the School emboldens students to discover new ways of adaptability and learning to be a part of the global world. These programs provide students with an exposure to become aware of multi-faceted approaches to learning and living. Students develop adaptability to embrace foreign cultures and promote liberal-mindedness.
A student develops a sense of universal responsibility by
- Learning acceptance and understanding of an array of different cultural and community perspectives through international learning and knowledge attainment experience.
- Language acquisition is achieved through practical immersion.
- Awareness and adaption of alternative, multi-faceted approaches to learning.
- Learning analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enhanced interest in global issues as well as a broader general knowledge.
Our Exchange Program With “Maa Anandmayee Memorial School” Raiwala, Dehradun
It was our privilege to host our first AFS intercultural program with Maa Anandmayee Memorial School, Raiwala, Dehradun. We hosted a group of ten students, with two facilitators who accompanied them. Their stay with us was a welcome change. The school corridors were abuzz with ten new faces in the campus. Our coordinators visited every place of importance in Hyderabad with them to show the rich cultural heritage and grandeur of the city. This enhanced their exposure and acceptance of other cultures and global perspectives.